Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Another Prayer Answered

Again God has proved His love in the answering of prayers. I have wanted to live in a cabin in the woods for a long time. Since my spine problems began in 2005 my credit has suffered severely. Went from mid 700s credit score to one I'd rather not talk about. Times have been extremely difficult for Debra and I living on our fixed income of disability and retirement. We had been living in Yuma, AZ in our old motor home since 2009 and really were cramped. We have been hoping to find someone with a small home who would enter a land contract with us. We searched for a long time with no results. We had been praying for Gods will to be done on the matter so we wouldn't be getting involved in anything not blessed by Him. We got impatient at times and questioned God at times in prayer if maybe we were asking for too much. Just as we were discussing that perhaps it was just God's will that we just be happy with our life as Rubber Tramps in our motor home in Yuma, God showed Himself in a major way. We had come to the decision to move to Michigan this spring in May so Debra could spend some quality time with her three grown children. We figured we would spend the summer in our motor home at Rose Lake in Leroy, Michigan and find a rent in the fall. Well God said no to that. Obviously He had heard all those prayers and knew we had faith that sooner or later He would act. About a month before our trip planned for early May I saw an add on Craigslist Northern Michigan. It was for the cabin pictured above. The owner stated he would sell on a land contract to the right people. Taking the chance that Debra and I would be those right people I contacted Daniel the owner and applied. Well God had His say also for Daniel was thrilled to know we were people of faith and took a chance on us. Daniel said it made it a lot easier to trust us knowing we loved Jesus. People can say what they want about this but I see this as God showing Himself and His answer of our prayers and unwavering  faith that He would answer. On the trip to Michigan to take possession of the cabin in the woods we got as far as Benton Harbor Michigan in the southwest corner of the state. The transmission in the old motor home went boom. Our insurance company towed it to Wyoming a suburb of Grand Rapids. Now this put us 140 miles short of completing our journey. I was in panic mode! What would we do? I just stopped and prayed with every fiber of my being and I know Debra was doing the same! Right in the middle of my prayer I heard  God speaking in my mind and he said, who do you know that loves me? I was desperate. We had just enough money to pay for the gas for the journey. We were cutting everything very close. The first person that came to my mind to answer the question God had placed in my mind was my sister Paula. She loves God with all her heart and I know she loves me too. She's always been the one person that can see past peoples errors and find love and forgiveness for them. She has always been a source of inspiration for my journey in faith. I am young in faith compared to Paula and I know she has spent plenty of prayers on me to be awakened to Jesus' call. I called her and without any questions or making me beg she was there for me again with much need financial aid. A lot of it! So again God answered my prayers and this time immediately. So we were able to truck our belongings up to our new home. I could not see investing $$$$$$ way to much in that old beat up motor home so I sold what was left of it. We love our little cabin in the woods and we can start new chapters in our lives. God has blessed us in more ways than I can ever write stories about. I think as hard as I try to be in gratitude to God I still sometimes can be ignorant to some of the blessings He bestows. So on that note Holy Father in Heaven please keep me humble and mindful of all that you do in blessings. Thank you so much for loving me the way you do. You always meet my needs and even bless my desires as long as they are righteous ones. Increase my faith Lord and continue to fix my eyes upon you with the knowledge of your ability to know what I need better than I do. Keep my vision of your works aparent to me so I can continue to marvel in You and Your works. Do not let me stray! I ask these things in Jesus' Holy Name! AMEN!!!

No comments: